Thursday, November 27, 2008

move without the ball

bob dylan says in "MY BACK PAGES" I was so much older than I'm younger than that now...

When I played basketball, most of my life I had talent and I was taller, and my father played, and I had intution, and I practiced. I would shoot in the rain, practic dribbbling the the garage, watch video tapes.

I really believe those that succeed are "moving without the ball." Only one person can have the baskeball at a time, but you can't 'score' unless you have the ball, So you have to move around, and get "open" so others can see you.

Now bring this analogy to the business world. Those that move without the ball, are doing cold calls, and walk ins, or on-site events, or marketing their business in unique, creative and grass root ways.

I believe that half the battle is moving out the ball. You need to move with out the ball in business, create oppurtunity, so others see you, and DON"T BE a WAIT at the gate manager!

MOVE without the ball!

No comments: